WYLD Wednesday Update

Time for a Wyld Wyrds update!

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted anything and figured it was time to get back to the grindstone. Last week I had being hitting things pretty hard with one minor setback. I've been dealing with some mild metatarsalgia which is a fancy work for ball of the foot pain in my right foot. Some days it's better than others and depending on the length of walk can be downright uncomfortable. Last Friday I decided to not go for a walk to let things settle down a bit and fortunately I was able to get back to walking although it reared it's ugly head again on Monday. Grrrrrr.

The great news is that last Wednesday I hit a milestone! A year or so ago my weight had ballooned up to about 235 which was 5 pounds away from the heaviest I'd ever gotten in my life. It's really when I consciously decided to put on the breaks and focused on better eating. The Tuesday before my weigh-in weight was 185.4 making a total of 50 pounds of lost fat! I still have a considerable way to go to hit my goal weight but it felt really good to hit. I celebrated with a cup of hot green tea!

This last weekend we had a lot of smoke from wildfires here in the northwest that caused the air quality to be so bad that I decided to forego any outdoor walking. No walks on Saturday, Sunday or Monday! Finally on Tuesday I went and bought a new mask that would filter the smoke particles and got in a shorter walk. Then this morning (Wednesday 9/14) the air cleared enough to get my full six miles in. It felt good to get back to it.

Now from the beginning of this experiment, a little over 4 weeks ago I've gone from 193.8 to 183.6! that 10.2 pounds!! I can't tell you how that feels! I went through my closet over the weekend and had to pull out half a dozen shirts that were just too big now! That's an awesome feeling. Now to get to the original goal of 145...the Bruce Lee weight I have 38.5 pounds to go which seems quite do-able.

Next time around I want to talk about something new I've discovered, Slow Living. Until then...be kind to everyone. -G

Comments

Popular Posts