Easing Off The Pedal

Hey there my Wyld bunch! It's been a while since I've posted anything and I figured now was a good time because I have to admit I've been struggling! Quite honestly I believe there are several factors in my struggle and it's always best to talk things out...so here goes.

First and probably foremost is the change in the weather. We are moving into the colder months and even when I was heavier I had issues with being cold. Must be a circulation thing but I can be cold just sitting in the living room! I don't mind the darker times early in the morning, in fact I kinda prefer it with the exception of the two cyclists that come barreling down the walk path and barely miss seeing me in the dark!! As an after thought I should have been wearing some kind of a scary mask and that might have gotten some attention from them. Again, my big issue right now is trying to figure out how to stay warm and I've spent some $$ on what seems to be cold weather gear but it just isn't up to the task. So I went to REI and asked a lot of questions and spent more $$ on what I'm hoping will be my warm salvation! (I'll let you know)

The other thing right now is my age old battle with fighting the munchies all the time. You'd think I was a pot smoker but seriously I get the munchies all the time and fight with myself daily over shoving stuff in. Food has always been my kryptonite. My mother was one of those that made me clean my plate regardless of what it was so there may be some psychological damage there to deal with. More than once I got the "starving kids in Africa" speech!! It's important that we keep as much good, whole, plant-based food in the house so if I do succumb to the temptation it will just be for healthy foods.

What this all boils down to is my easing off the gas pedal and coasting. I've had several days where I just did not feel like getting out on a walk, not getting my stairs in or eating the way I know works. It's hard to keep your foot jammed down on the go pedal all the time...it takes a lot of will and determination which sadly has a habit of ups and downs. But it's important to not let it become a habit. I've decided that taking a day off every now and then can be a good thing but that I absolutely must get right back on the program again. Making that new "norm" when it comes to a daily routine is crucial. (I'll let you know when I figure it out!)

So keeping the momentum going is the hardest part at the moment and figuring out how to make things work in the cold and dark of the winter months. I wish you all the best in your struggles. -Greg

Comments

Popular Posts