New Year And New Me!

Greetings Wyld Ward fans! Thanks for jumping back into the pool with me. WOW, it has been some time since the last post but it has been a good time with a holiday (or two) in between and attempting to sidestep some of the temptations of the holiday food that inevitably finds it way to your home. That's always a challenge but this year I just let it happen and didn't get excited about it. So this time around I want to talk a bit about keeping on the road, maintaining the dream, visualization and expectations for the New Year! Let's jump in.

The new year is just around the corner and with it is the typical resolutions. Obviously I'm all about losing the rest of the weight that is part of my ultimate goal. The holidays have made me back track a bit but not too bad. (More on that later.) This last year has been a time of reflection and change for me that I just want to keep going into 2023. That includes continuing to treat my body like I actually care about it and not feed it junk. It also means that I need to feed my mind more than a lot of the politics that have been really corrupting my thoughts lately. When I was doing my radio show I always said there were two things I never discussed, religion and politics! Politics especially is an extremely toxic things that can easily make me go down the bad rabbit hole. Religion can be the same if you are attempting to debate who's right and who's wrong. What an exercise in futility!!!

So...something that has always seemed to work for me in getting things done was visualization. I just instinctively began using it when I was in school. I attended a lot of vocal music contests and I would just imagine the outcome. I would imagine the room and the faces I'd see and then the judges remarks. This wasn't always successful but more often than not I'd get relatively good marks. I started using this on pretty much everything going on in my life. I'd "SEE" whatever it was before hand and then once I'd get into the actual situation I was rarely surprised and I could maintain a control on what was happening better since I'd already seen the outcome. Again, not always successfully. This helps me maintain my dream and stay focused on the road that I need to travel to get to my goal which in this case is getting myself back in shape and reaching a desired weight and body fat.

Speaking of goals, as of this Monday morning I have just 28 pounds to reach my overall weight goal of 145. That includes 2-3 extra pounds that mysteriously popped back up after the holiday treats disappeared. You Gott believe in magic after that!! My wardrobe has completely undergone a transformation with most of my old clothes being donated since I don't ever want to think about fitting in them ever again. I have said that before but I'm at an age now that doing this kind of massive program probably wouldn't ever happen again so I need to make it stick this time! It's for life!

Finally, this new year is going to also be about my spiritual health. Not religion, mind you but my spirituality. I'm hoping to connect with more like-minded people and to share more time with friends. It's important that we socialize...to feed off other people's energies. It's a great way to let some of that negativity drain away so relish in those around you. That's the plan of action beginning immediately and hopefully I will be able to maintain a little more regular posting schedule for myself here. Go out and get 'em!! -G

Comments

Popular Posts